Schedule Delay Analysis
Ağustos 31, 2015 Yorum bırakın
TYPES OF CONSTRUCTION DELAY
- Excusable and Non- Excusable
- Compensable and Non-Compensable
- Concurrent and Non-Concurrent
- Critical versus Non-Critical
” Excusable delays are caused by conditions that are reasonably unforeseeable and not within the contractor’s control” Note: Always check the particular construction contract documents for valid delay factors and limitations.
- General labor strikes
- Fires, floods and other natural disasters
- Owner directed changes
- Errors and omissions in the plans and specifications
- Differing site conditions or concealed conditions
- Lack of action by government bodies
- Intervention by outside agencies
- Late performance of subcontractors
- Late performance by suppliers
- Faulty workmanship by the contractor or subcontractors
- A project specific labor strike caused by either the contractor’s unwillingness to negotiate or by unfair job practices.
Note: Verify the particular contract language for definitions and limitations.
Reference: McGOVERN & GREENE LLP, Jack A. Lazarczyk, CPA, CCC Senior Consultant